- Simon Ghertner had completed 8 years of school
- Dora Ghertner had completed 2 years of high school
- Lenoard Ghertner had completed 3 years of College, and he became the first of us Ghertner’s to graduate from college
- Alven & Jean Ghertner had both completed 1 year of college
- Gerald Ghertner had competed 2 years of college
- Janice Ghertner had completed 2 years of college and she told me one of her classmates was Sonny Capone, son of ‘Scarface’ Al Capone
Simon, Alven & Gerald all worked at Cullon & Ghertner Printing, which Simon had co-founded with John Cullom in 1906.
All three working Ghertner’s reported to the Census that they had earned Zero income for the year ending 31 December 1939.
- Simon was owner/manager
- Alven (25 ?) was salesman
- Gerald (24) was some kind of executive, the form is illegible
- the women did not work outside the home
Powered by Facebook Comments